1. The World Health Organization. The World Health Report 2002-Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life, pp 47-96. From the Internet @ www.who.int/whr/2002, accessed March 18, 2008.
2. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). Incorporating health economics in guidelines and assessing resource impact. The Guidelines Manual, London, NICE, 2007, Chap 8. Available on the Internet @www.nice.org.uk, accessed 3-15-08.
3. Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Data on disability and unemployment. 1991/92, 1993/94, 1994/95, and 1997. From the Survey of Income and Program Participation. From the Internet @ www.bls.census.gov, accessed April 4, 2008.
4. Political calculations. Average wages in the US. http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com, accessed 4-6-08.
5. Macular Degeneration Partnership. Available at: www.AMD.org. Accessed August 14, 2009.